5 Tips to Make Friends in Your 20s in LA
Making friends as an adult can be tough, especially if you’re living in a big city like Los Angeles. You’re no longer surrounded by the built-in social network of a school or college campus, and it can be intimidating to put yourself out there and try to meet new people. But the good news is that it is possible to make meaningful connections in your 20s, and building a strong social network in LA can greatly enrich your life.
Having a group of friends to share your experiences with can provide support and encouragement during this exciting, yet sometimes overwhelming, decade. Friends can also open doors to new opportunities and help you to feel more connected to your community.
Men, are you having a tough time making friends in your 20s? It’s common to feel like it’s harder to meet new people as an adult, especially in a big city like LA. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. This article is packed with tips and tricks for making friends in your 20s, specifically for men. From joining clubs and organizations to attending events and volunteering, we’ve got you covered. Don’t struggle through your 20s feeling lonely – read this article and take the first steps towards building a strong social network in the city.
So, where do you start? Here are six tips to help you make friends in your 20s in Los Angeles:
1. Join a club or organization related to your interests
One of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to meet new people in LA is to join a club or organization related to your interests. This could be anything from a sports team or book club to a professional organization or volunteer group. Not only will you have the chance to pursue your passions, but you’ll also be surrounded by like-minded individuals who share similar interests.
Here are some examples of clubs and organizations in LA:
- Sports leagues: There are many options for adult sports leagues in LA, including basketball, soccer, and flag football. Joining a team is a great way to stay active and make friends at the same time.
- Book clubs: There are numerous book clubs in the city that cater to a variety of interests. You can find one that focuses on a particular genre, author, or theme, or you can start your own.
- Professional organizations: If you’re in a particular industry, consider joining a professional organization in LA. This can be a great way to network and build relationships with colleagues.
- Volunteer groups: Giving back to your community is not only rewarding, but it’s also a great way to meet new people. There are countless organizations in LA that are always looking for volunteers, so find one that aligns with your values and start making a difference.
Are you struggling to make friends in your 20s? It can be tough to meet new people as an adult, but it’s not impossible. If you’re looking for ideas on where to start, check out our article “Five (5) Ideas On Where You Can Make Friends In Your 20s”. In this article, we provide five concrete ideas for finding new friends in the city, from joining a club or organization to attending events and festivals. Don’t let your 20s pass you by feeling lonely – read this article and take the first steps towards building a strong social network.
The benefits of joining a club or organization:
- You’ll have a built-in social network of people with similar interests
- You’ll have the opportunity to pursue your passions and hobbies
- You’ll be able to make connections and form relationships with like-minded individuals
- You may have the opportunity to develop new skills or advance your career through networking.
2. Volunteer for a cause you care about
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and meet new people in LA. Not only will you be making a positive impact on a cause you care about, but you’ll also have the chance to work alongside like-minded individuals who share your values.
Here are some places to volunteer in LA:
- Food banks and soup kitchens: Organizations such as food banks and soup kitchens exist all over the country. There are tons of options in Los Angeles of organization to get involved in.
- Animal shelters: If you love animals, consider volunteering at a local animal shelter. The ASPCA and Animal Care Centers of LA are always in need of volunteers to help care for animals and promote adoption.
- Community centers: Many community centers in LA offer programs and services to local residents and welcome volunteers to help out.
The benefits of volunteering:
- You’ll be making a positive impact on a cause you care about
- You’ll meet new people who share your values and interests
- You’ll have the chance to develop new skills and learn more about the organization or cause you’re supporting
- You may have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
3. Take a class or workshop
Taking a class or workshop is a great way to learn new skills and meet new people in LA. From cooking classes and art workshops to language classes and fitness sessions, there are endless options for personal and professional development in the city.
Here are some options for classes and workshops in LA:
- Cooking classes: If you love to cook, consider taking a cooking class at a local culinary school or community center. You’ll have the chance to learn new recipes and techniques, and meet other foodies in the process.
- Art workshops: From painting and drawing to sculpture and photography, there are numerous art workshops available in LA. These classes are a great way to tap into your creative side and meet other artists.
- Language classes: If you’re interested in learning a new language, there are many language schools and community centers in LA that offer classes in a variety of languages.
- Fitness classes: From yoga and Pilates to kickboxing and spin, there are countless fitness classes available in the city. These classes are a great way to stay active and meet other fitness enthusiasts.
The benefits of taking a class or workshop:
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills and hobbies
- You’ll meet new people who are also interested in the class or workshop
- You’ll have the chance to challenge yourself and try something new
- You may be able to advance your career or personal development through the skills you learn.
Are you moving to a new city in your 20s and feeling anxious about making friends? It can be tough to start from scratch in a new place, but it’s not impossible. If you’re looking for tips on how to make friends in a new city, check out our article “3 Tips For Making Friends In A New City In Your 20s (+ 5 Cities To Move To)”. In this article, we provide three concrete tips for finding new friends in a new city, as well as a list of five cities that are particularly friendly for young adults. Don’t let your 20s pass you by feeling lonely – read this article and take the first steps towards building a strong social network in your new home.
4. Join a co-working space or networking group
If you’re looking to make connections in your professional field, consider joining a co-working space or networking group in NYC. Co-working spaces are shared office environments where you can work alongside other professionals in a variety of industries. Networking groups, on the other hand, are typically more focused on a specific industry or profession and offer opportunities for members to connect and share resources.
Here are some options for co-working spaces and networking groups in LA:
- Co-working spaces: There are numerous co-working spaces available in LA, such as WeWork and The Wing, which cater to a variety of industries and offer a range of amenities and services.
- Networking groups: There are many networking groups in LA that cater to specific industries or professions, such as the Los Angeles Meetup or the Women’s Networking Group. These groups often host events and workshops to help members connect and learn from each other.
The benefits of joining a co-working space or networking group:
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect with professionals in your field
- You’ll have access to resources and support to help grow your career
- You’ll have the chance to learn from and collaborate with others
- You may have the opportunity to form long-term professional relationships.
5. Utilize social media and online resources
In the digital age, it’s easier than ever to connect with people online, and there are many social media and online resources available to help you make friends in Los Angeles. From Facebook groups and Meetup to dating apps and LinkedIn, there are countless ways to connect with others in the city.
Here are some tips for using social media and online resources to meet new people:
- Join Facebook groups or Meetup groups that cater to your interests: There are many groups on these platforms that are dedicated to specific hobbies, activities, or causes, and they often host events or meetups for members to connect in person.
- Use dating apps to meet people with similar interests: While dating apps are primarily used for finding romantic partners, they can also be a great way to meet friends. Many apps allow you to specify that you’re looking for platonic connections, and you can filter by interests to find like-minded individuals.
- Connect with others on LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a professional networking platform, but it’s also a great way to connect with others in your industry or field of interest. You can join groups, participate in discussions, and attend events to meet new people.
- Follow local influencers or businesses on social media: Many local influencers and businesses in LA have a strong presence on social media, and following them can help you stay up to date on events and happenings in the city. You may also have the opportunity to connect with others who follow these accounts.
Popular social media and online resources for making connections in NYC:
- Facebook groups
- Dating apps (e.g. Bumble BFF, Huggle)
Making friends in your 20s in LA can seem intimidating, but it’s definitely possible. By following these six tips and being open to new experiences, you can build a strong social network in the city. Whether you join a club or organization, attend events and festivals, volunteer for a cause, take a class or workshop, join a co-working space or networking group, or utilize social media and online resources, there are countless ways to connect with others and make meaningful friendships in Los Angeles. So don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and take the first step in building your social network in the city.
Are you feeling lonely in your 20s? It’s common to feel isolated and disconnected at this age, especially if you’re in a new city or going through a transition. If you’re looking for ideas on how to cope with loneliness and make connections, check out our article “Feeling Lonely in Your 20s? Here’s What to Do About It”. In this article, we provide practical tips and advice for dealing with loneliness and building a strong social network. Don’t let your 20s pass you by feeling isolated – read this article and take the first steps towards finding connection and support in your life.
If you found this article helpful and enjoyed the tips for making friends in your 20s in Los Angeles, we encourage you to share it with your friends! Building a strong social network in the city can greatly enrich your life, and these tips can help others do the same. So don’t keep the knowledge to yourself – spread the word and help your friends make meaningful connections in LA.